The opportunity to book at our contracted discounted rate has now ended. So getting a room at the Radisson for the $110/$120 we had is not likely--except by handing off rooms among our group.
First, try to get a room at the Radisson by calling the number down below. As of July 5th, there are no rooms available on Friday and Saturday night. Only Thursday and Sunday nights. Call, and check. If you book at the Radisson, it will likely be at the full list rate in the $270-300 ballpark.
Across the street at the Holiday Inn, we've lined up four 2-Queen rooms for Thur/Fri/Sat at $230/nt (+tax). Six King Suites are avail for Fri/Sat nights at $240/nt (+tax). Call the hotel directly at 608-784-4444 and mention the block name "Central States VHF Society" or "VHF".
Another alternative is to book lodging a little further away but at much more reasonable prices.
As of July 6th, I see:
Country Inn and Suites $176/nt and up (has room and a few conference attendees have booked there)
Candlewood Suites $184/nt and up
Holiday Inn Express (Onalaska) $167/nt and up
Hampton Inn (Onalaska) $204/nt and up
Home 2 Suites (downtown) $219/nt and up
And there are many of the next-tier lower
To keep your costs down, if you would welcome a roommate to share your 2-Queen room, let us know and we can start a list to run candidates by you.
Hotlink to book rooms online at bottom of this page!
200 Second Street S
Reservations are now open! Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the red link to take you to online lodging registration. Alternatively, you can call either 608-784-6680 (option 2 for front desk) and ask for the “Central States VHF Room Block”
The room rates we have negotiated are available for the period July 19th through July 26th. If you choose to arrive early or extend your stay in La Crosse, these rates will be available to you.
All King Rooms face towards the east and overlook downtown La Crosse and the bluffs beyond.. Our conference rate for these rooms is $110.00 + tax per night. (Currently tax is 15% and will be $16.50/nt.)
Room with 2 Queen beds are $120.00 + tax.
When you click on the link below, it will take you to the Radisson website and has preloaded dates for July and our special conference rate. You can modify the dates and the number of guests. Reminder, you can choose a $110 (+tax) King room that is city facing. Rooms with two Queen beds are currently sold out although more may become available.
Be aware of the following reports from users: (updated April 14, 2022)
1. The default dates should show check-in on July 21st and check-out on July 24th. It also defaults to a single occupant. This is what most attendees want. If you want other than those days or number of occupants, you need to use the selections to mark the dates or occupants you actually want.
2. If you change the dates or if you change number of room occupants, press the RED SEARCH button again!!! This is the way to lock in the new dates or number of occupants to your reservation.
3. Annoyance #1, for your address, you have to pick a region. (For example: United States)
4. If you need a "handicap accessible" room, watch for the following symbol
5. Near the bottom, you will have to check at least two out of three checkboxes.
6. Finally, at the bottom will be a big red bar across the screen to book the room.
(opens in a new browser window or tab)